There are a few things to consider when setting up a new sports club or society. Your VP Activity will be able to help you in the process – if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Societies) / firstname.lastname@example.org (Sports).
New Club or Society Action Plan
How to set up a new sports club or society:
- Head to the bottom of this page to ensure your proposed sport or society is not listed as a dormant club. If it is, don't worry, email VP Activity.
- Find at least 20 other students interested in your proposed club or society. Again, email VP Activity if you need advice or support in finding interested students!
- Ask the 20 students to complete a form with their name, Surrey email, URN and signature. Bring this form into VP Activity.
- VP Activity will pass the form over to Societies Exec. Chair/Team Surrey Chair who will email you with a 'New Club/Society Action Plan & Guide' which will help you with the practicalities of running a new club or society (you will also need to think of three aims and objectives)
- Complete the form and send back to Soc Exec Chair/ Team Surrey Chair and VP Activity.
- You will then be invited to Sports or Society Standing to request ratification (approval)
- If ratified, you'll need to book an Annual General Meeting (AGM) to elect the club or society committee (President, Vice-President, Treasurer). All AGMs must be advertised for at least 2 weeks.